Sunday, October 25, 2009

Product Review: MAC Strobe Liquid

In my ongoing quest to look radiant and dewy, I've been on the hunt for the perfect illuminator.
So for the last month or so, I've gone through a generous sample of MAC Strobe Liquid. Strobe Liquid is a lighter-weight version of the Strobe Cream, and is meant to give you an illuminating effect.


Now that I've gone through the whole sample, I keep going back and forth about whether or not to purchase it. The pros are that it absolutely does give you a J Lo glow. I dab it on my cheekbones and browbones, and its just the most beautiful finishing touch. And I'm an NC45, so it looks good on dark skin too. But the big ole' con is that it doesn't last more than an hour. I refuse to believe that a MAC product would not have lasting power, so I think there might be something wrong with my application. Maybe since I use powder foundation (Studio Fix),  this light-weight cream just gets absorbed by my powder? Maybe I need to set my makeup with Fix+ or my rosewater spray? I dunno...the MUA at Nordstrom suggested that I mix this with my liquid foundation to get an all-over dewy look, but given how pearlescent it is I think I'd end up looking like a disco ball. Plus I'm not a big fan of liquid foundation for everyday use. It's messy, time-consuming and I always get a feeling that there's a lot of makeup on my face. Maybe I haven't found the best liquid foundation yet, but that's another post.

So in total, Strobe Liquid, in the first hour, gives me a beautiful celebrity glow. But after a while, it goes away. I tried on Strobe Cream the other day (Strobe Liquid's original thicker formula) thinking it would have more staying power, but its not really very illuminating; just moisturizing with a bit of a sheen to it. So it's not really an illuminator. I think for now I might pass on this product. It's quite beautiful, but at $29.50 I need it to stay on all day long.

Have you guys tried Strobe Liquid? What did you think? Do you have a favorite cream illuminator?

12 comments:

C A said...

Hi, love your blog and the pictures are stunning! now following you via rss ^^

Follow me on Twitter/maisonchaplin and Facebook/maisonchaplin

@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

helen said...

it's a distant connection that got me the proctoring job lol... it's only for 1 program at the university so I guess if you ask the people in charge of the exams, that might help.

Maria Confer said...

It does give a gorgeous effect, but that doesn't seem right that it only lasts for an hour.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Alvin said...

flawless!

C A said...

Hi, thanks for the comment,
new posts wanted ;)
come check the new posts! ^^

Link me, follow me
@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

beautyparler said...

Cute blog! I've been meaning to try the Strobe Cream or liquid too but have promised myself to finish all my other products first. Lovely blog, easy to read & nice pics:)

Palak said...

ohh .. finally found da review of strobe liquid !!

sorry for botherin in previous question :P

Anonymous said...

Hi, I wish for to subscribe for this web site to get latest
updates, thus where can i do it please help.
My site > naturalcuresacne.com

Anonymous said...

Hеy! Do yοu know іf they maκe any plugins to assіst with Ѕearch
Engіne Oрtimization? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not sеeing very gooԁ success.
If you know оf аny please share. Thank you!


Chеck оut my wеb-site - titanium engagement rings

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to say to my little brother, that he should also pay a visit this web site on regular basis to obtain updated from latest gossip.

Here is my web page - legal amphetamines

yanmaneee said...

off white nike
kyrie 6
air max 97
bape hoodie
nike cortez
yeezy boost 350
supreme clothing
supreme clothing
balenciaga shoes
nike sneakers

Unknown said...

replica zara bags replica hermes bags t3h86w5i85 replica bags india replica bags in china visit our website x2g13h3g58 replica bags forum replica bags nancy replica gucci bags c9o10b9b91 replica bags from turkey

Post a Comment